Needle Felted Hot Air Balloon Picture Workshop
Sunday 6 October – 2:30am – 4:30pm
We Make Bristol 16 Canford Lane Bristol BS9 3DH
Hosted by Elaine Perry
Perfect for complete beginners (including those who feel they have no creative ability) and anyone who already enjoys being creative.
During the 2-hour needle felting workshop you will give learn the basic skills needed to create a colourful image of a hot air balloon
There will be a choice of background colours to work upon, and a large, colourful selection of wool roving to felt with
At the end of the workshop you will be able to take your finished piece away with you, ready mounted in an 8 inch embroidery hoop so that you can display your creative accomplishment at home.
4 in stock
Detailed Workshop Description
- A brief overview of the different grades of felting needles and how to use them safely.
- Learn how to apply the wool to the background to make colourful shapes with tidy edges!
- Experiment with colour and pattern to create a pleasing image
What you will take away on the day?
Your completed, original woolly painting of an iconic Bristol balloon
The confidence and enthusiasm to build upon what you have learned so you can develop your needle felting skills at home.
There will be some additional felting kits available to purchase on the day from We Make Bristol.
What’s included in the price?
- All the materials, tools and equipment needed for the workshop are included. You just need to bring yourself.
- Step by step tuition with as much or as little support as you require
- Lots of giggles and excitement as you see your balloon picture taking shape!
Suitable for beginners, adults and teens (younger teens may need support from an adult to keep up with the rest of the group, please contact me if you have any queries)
What about refreshments?
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided!
Feedback from previous participants of my workshops
”Had a great session – never done needle felting before but the class was fun and informative. Elaine is patient and calm and provides everything you need. I made a fox but have since done a blue tit. I will definitely go back and learn more – it’s very addictive!” Karen W – Bristol
“Enjoyed a lovely needle felting workshop, Elaine is a great teacher, patient and knowledgeable. I’m so pleased with my creation and will definitely give needle felting another go! Thank you” Karen M – Bristol